Geriatric Care Expertise
Physicians Eldercare is the premier provider of physician-related services to nursing homes and assisted living centers in North Carolina. Our team of geriatric specialists delivers a distinctive model of care that is focused solely on the primary care of residents at our clients’ facilities.
The Physicians Eldercare Model
A commitment to ongoing, personal communication is the foundation of the Physician Eldercare model. We work with each facility to develop a visitation schedule that reflects the specific needs and concerns of its residents. We then assign specific clinician teams to each facility to ensure a greater familiarity with residents’ chronic and acute health issues.
Better communication. More consistent care.
• Focused clinicians. Our physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and registered nurses work only in the facilities we support, and not in a general clinic practice.
• Frequent, consistent care. Team members typically work in each facility multiple times each week, allowing them to respond promptly to the concerns of families and nursing staff.
• Improved communication. Regular on-site visits help ensure concerns are promptly addressed with nursing staff and residents’ families, lessening the time burden and frequency of phone calls.
• Chronic illness management. Familiarity with patient history helps us identify subtle changes in condition and closely monitor chronic illnesses.
• 24/7 triage service. Clinicians with special interest and training in geriatric care provide on-call assessment and treatment.
• Consultative support. Our medical directors consult with facilities on the implementation of policies and procedures within their buildings.
• Regulatory compliance. Our team knows the state and federal regulations that facilities must meet and works diligently to provide care that complies with those requirements.
Charlotte is one of the 25 largest cities in the U.S. and the largest city in North Carolina. Charlotte consistently ranks as one of the top growing cities and is the home to more than 10 Fortune 1000 companies, including household names such as Bank of America, Lowe's and Wachovia Corp. Charlotte is also home to the Carolina Panthers of the NFL, the Charlotte Hornets of the NBA, the NASCAR Hall of Fame and the U.S. National Whitewater Center. Other amenities that make Charlotte a great place to live and work include numerous higher learning organizations, cultural centers, and health care facilities.
The city's public school system, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, is the second largest in North Carolina and 20th largest in the nation. In 2009, it won the NAEP Awards, the Nation's Report Card for urban school systems with top honors among 18 city systems for 4th-grade math, 2nd place among 8th graders. An estimated 132,000 students are taught in 161 separate elementary, middle, and high schools. Charlotte is home to a number of notable universities and colleges such as Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte School of Law, Johnson C. Smith University, Johnson & Wales University, Queens University of Charlotte, and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Rich in culture and history, Charlotte offers continuous surprises to residents and visitors alike. Whether your interest involves NFL or NASCAR, plays or museums, wine or craft beer, casual or fine dining, rock concerts or symphonies, there is a lot to discover in the Queen City. We invite you to admire the historic charm of Dilworth and stroll the willow oak canopies of Myers Park. Wander art galleries in NoDa and duck into a neighborhood tavern in Plaza Midwood. Play a round of golf at Ballantyne and snap an Instagram-worthy shot of the Charlotte skyline from Midtown. Spend a day on the water at Lake Norman or Lake Wylie. Then grab a pint at a local craft brewery or unwind at one our Zagat-rated restaurants.
Charlotte simmers with nightlife, culture, parks, shopping, dining, entertainment, business, and best of all, incredible people. Dive into the excitement that hums across every angle of the city, in every season. It’s a sports town, a college town, and a hometown made up of diverse neighborhoods and dynamic citizens. Come experience the electric mix of work and play, modern and old-fashioned, urban and natural that is unique to the Carolinas’ Queen City.
And while Charlotte can be both conventional and quirky, she’s here with open arms and Southern charm. No matter where you’re from or how you get here, the Queen City welcomes you.