Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM | Hours are flexible as long as they are consistent.
New Graduates Welcome to Apply
Average patients seen: 12-15
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Based On Experience
- Possible Loan Repayment Thorugh the NHSC
- All full-time staff are eligible for 24 PTO days and 12 sick days each year. Full time is 37.5 hours/week.
- CMEs. Up to five days each fiscal year. Up to $1500 for expenses related to CMEs
- Malpractice insurance and FTCA (federal medical professional liability program)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Commuter Benefits (mass transit and parking)
- Life Insurance / AD&D
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Work-Life Program
- Retirement Program
- NYS Paid Family Leave
- Damian Family Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center. As an optometrist you will be responsible and accountable for assessing, planning, and providing optometry medical care, evaluating patient outcomes and promoting the continuum of care in accordance with acceptable standards of care, standards of professional practice and delineation of approved privileges.
- This is a float position that will cover two clinics, 2604 Third Ave, Bronx, NY, and 137-50 Jamaica Ave, Queens.
- Recent experience in an outpatient care setting preferred.
- Spanish is a plus but not required.
- Experience documenting and retrieving patient records in an EMR required.