We Provide the Best.
On January 22, 1941, shortly after Camp Polk was activated, construction of a 600-bed station hospital began. Opened on March 17, 1941, as an infirmary commanded by Colonel William Dow, MC, the hospital serves its patients with primary care, optometry, emergency medicine, ob/gyn, a pharmacy, and a physical exam clinic.
BJACH has received the prestigious TRICARE award for the highest customer satisfaction in OB care in the Department of Defense; its Logistics Division was named "the best Logistics Division in the AMEDD" by the Command Logistics Review team and the Data Quality Management Program was recognized by the Army Surgeon General's Office as the model for the Army Medical Department. The American Red Cross also presented BJACH with the Regional Level II Good Neighbor Award." BJACH has been awarded the Army Superior Unit Award for meritorious performance.
Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital has become one of the premier Army facilities where the staff clearly lives up to their motto, "We Provide the Best."